• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cutting Master 2 with Graphtec FC7000-75 / Windows 10?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Looking for some assistance getting my Graphtec FC7000-75 to work with my new office set up.  I've been using a MAC for years, but recently added a Roland printer/cutter to my shop, and had to switch over to a PC for that printer to work. I know the FC7000 is an old model, but it still works great and I would love to keep using it if I can!

I currently have the following equipment:

Dell Computer with Windows 10

Graphtec FC7000-75

Adobe Illustrator CC2018 (and older versions)

I have downloaded CM2 and can send a test cut to the cutter from the computer.  So far I cannot figure out a way to get the Cutting Master 2 plug in to work in Adobe Illustrator.  I've tried downloading the older versions of Illustrator back to 2014 with no luck.  Is the problem with Windows 10?  Is it the version of Illustrator I'm using?  I also tried to manually drag the plug in files of CM2 into the Illustrator PlugIn folder.

I've also tried downloading CM4, but it doesn't have an cutter option for FC7000 so it was suggested to select the FC8000 model and see if that works, but no luck.

If these options are not compatible with each other, are there plans to create a CM2 that is compatible with the Windows 10 and the newest versions of Adobe?

Thanks so much!

~Heather

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Heather,

Please refer to this list Cutting Plotters : Software & Drivers

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti, Thanks for the reply!  I've downloaded everything from that link that applies to the equipment I have, but still cannot get the plugin to pull into Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not a driver issue but a plugin compatibility issue.

Adobe must have changed something that make the 2018 version no longer able to use that plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aluby's  schrieb

It is not a driver issue but a plugin compatibility issue.

Adobe must have changed something that make the 2018 version no longer able to use that plugin.

In every Illustrator update you must expect something to change so old plugins are no longer compatible. Before updating you must check with plugin manufacturers if their plugins are still compatible. It's their responsibility to make their plugins compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe try Illustrator CS6 or CC  ie versions 16 and 17

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ray!  Thanks for those options… Neither of those versions worked.  Wondering if it has anything to do with Windows 10?  Or do you know how to manually add the plugin into Illustrator through the file folders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if you can manually install this type of plugin.

Sorry cannot help much more; you may be correct about win 10 - I have windows 7

Only other thing I can think to check you have the install path pointed correctly

https://support.uscutter.com/support/solutions/articles/14000035129-cutting-master-2-download

shut down illustrator

unzip and  in the Install folder

run setup.ex

when you come to

7777777777777777777777777777777777777777777.JPG

Browse and in the Directories window

navigate to the  where you have the Ai version installed,  by double clicking,

until the Path window looks something like this:

c: program files  / adobe /   adobe illustrator cs6

Then when you start, hopefully, the plugin will appear in illustrator

File > Cutting Master

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heather,

Install Illustrator CC 2017.

The Illustrator CC 2018 is not compatible with CuttingMaster 2.

it seems that Adobe is not going to fix it.

Let's hope we will still have access to the 2017 version for many years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Heather,

I am having the same problem that you had and wondered if you managed to solve the issue of getting your graphtec FC7000 to work on windows 10 through illustrator using CM2?

Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines