Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cutting section from letters

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again 🙂

I'm relatively new to Illustrator and am trying to cut sections out of letters to adjust our existing logo. For use online I have just added a copy of the shape in white to give the illusion of a section being cut out however I need to export as a transparent file and the white will show. 

I'm not sure how to best get the effect as I'm stuggling with the scissors to get the right curves and even spacing! Attached are images as reference. 

showing paths + shapes.JPGwhat want look to be.JPG

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select all and in the Pathfinder panel hit "Merge"

Afterwards draw a rectangle and fill it with White. Then Select > Same  > Fill color and then delete

Draw a rectangle and fill it with None. Select >Same > Fill color and delete

Go into outline view. Take the Layers panel and inspect the graphic to check if there is just left what you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect, that worked great! Thank you 🙂

Can you also give any guidance why when exported the curved edges appear a bit pixelated? I tried Make Pixel Perfect however this alters the shape too much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear it helped.

Can you please tell us what exactly you export and perhaps show a screenshot of the pixels?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines