Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Damaged Illustrator File

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I need assistance recovering a damaged Illustrator file. My computer performed an emergency restart, and the Illustrator file I had been working on did not save properly. When I attempt to open the file, a pop-up window appears that says:

"Illustrator could partially read this file. We recovered as much of the file as possible, but some content might be missing. Open to view the recovered file."

When I open the file, it shows a blank page with text:

"This is an Adobe Illustrator File that was saved without PDF Content. To Place or open this file in other applications, it should be re-saved from Adobe Illustrator with the "Create PDF Compatible File" option turned on. This option is in the Illustrator Native Format Options dialog box, which appears when saving an Adobe Illustrator File using the Save As command."

The document size still reads as 33.6 MB, which makes me think the file may be recoverable.

I've tried several options, including (1) Saving a copy of the file and attempting to open it in Illustrator CS6. (2) Attempting to open the file in PDF applications, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

I'm currently using Adobe Illustrator 2020.

If anyone thinks they can help, I'll upload the file here. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Hillary

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. In addition to the response given by Monika, please follow this help article(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/crash-file-data-recovery.html) to know how you can recover a document. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try and write an email to sharewithAI@adobe.com and ask them if they can help with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. In addition to the response given by Monika, please follow this help article(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/crash-file-data-recovery.html) to know how you can recover a document. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines