• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to link SVG files in data merge using the Variables panel in Illustrator?

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've set up some variables with the Variables Panel and everything seems to be working fine except for placing .svg files.
Please tell me you can link .svg files and not just .jpeg/.png images!
Can't find any info online about it.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble and delayed response. I am afraid you cannot link SVG files in Data merges using the Variables panel. SVG can only be embedded in Illustrator. I would suggest if you could post this feature request here (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/). This way, you will keep getting all the updates related to this feature, and other users can also upvote, which would help us prioritize.

Let us know if you need any further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & R

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble and delayed response. I am afraid you cannot link SVG files in Data merges using the Variables panel. SVG can only be embedded in Illustrator. I would suggest if you could post this feature request here (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/). This way, you will keep getting all the updates related to this feature, and other users can also upvote, which would help us prioritize.

Let us know if you need any further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines