• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Date/Time Object in Illustrator/Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a such thing as a date/time object in Illustrator? I make these design plans for my company all the time and they always need to include the date. It'd be awesome if there was a was to insert a little text box that says "CreateDate/Time: Month, day, year" or something like that. Does this already exist and I don't know about it?

Thanks!

[Moved out of the LiveCycle General discussions forum and into an Illustrator support forum - moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Some plugins can do that.

Such as Tag72a by Worker72a

(only for Mac, you didn't tell us your system)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some plugins can do that.

Such as Tag72a by Worker72a

(only for Mac, you didn't tell us your system)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a windows computer. I'll see if there's any plugins available for that. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Tag72a and cant live withou it, works just greaat

how ever you can use free scripts as well...  (there are various out there)

here is one from Wolfang Rezsel that works, tested here in Illustrator 2019 version on a Mac, I dont know if it works on windows machines, just give it a try and tell us..

WR-DateAndTime [Illustrator Praxis]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Introducing: Insert Page Numbers v 2

CarlosCanto wrote the one above for Illustrator, still works for me in CC2018/high sierra.

if your final product is PDF

Create a custom dynamic stamp using Acrobat DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're close. I'm being picky I know, but the format is off. It's written as 10/24/2018 instead of October 24th, 2018. I might try writing my own script if I can understand what he wrote. On second thought, if it's really this complicated it's not even worth messing with. I'll just change the 23 to a 24 and be done with it. I thought it would be something as simple as excel or something similar where you can just put in "=(TODAY)" and be done with it.

**hint hint** future development option adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ryan

I tested the script  at home wich is windows with illustrator 2018 and it worked great, same as in Mac, so please give a try.

here you can see a very detailed tutorial on how to use it..

Illustrator Script to add a Date and Time to your file » Blog » FashionClassroom.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link is gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this handy function to get the current time in full datetime string. There are other functions of the date object to get the year, month, date, hour, minute, second, and milisecond. You also have a full set of 'set' functions.

new Date().toLocaleString()

the result looks something like: Friday, June 12 2020 15:18:41

I could not find a formal description of this date object, but I found 45 functions available using the object.reflect property. Here is my listMethods() code.

function listMethods(anObj) {

// list the methods of given object to the console
// this is needrf as I suspect the documentation may not be complete
    var mets = anObj.reflect.methods;
    $.writeln('There are ' + mets.length + ' methods');
    for (var i=0; i<mets.length; i++) {
        $.writeln(i + ". " + mets[i].name + "=[" + anObj[mets[i].name] + "]");
        };
    return null;

};

I am running Illustrator 2020 CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that the above links are all gone. Here is what I just found, for anyone looking for dateandtimes script and landed here.
http://illustrator.hilfdirselbst.ch/dokuwiki/_media/english/scripts/javascript/wolfgangreszel/wr-dat...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your link is gone 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines