Highlighted

dead horse beating...

Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have asked about this before and have never received a response that worked, so as Whitesnake sang, "Here I go again."

When in a project and I select View> Actual Size, the project is not displayed in actual size.  I will explain using a print project which is set at 8.5"x11"...

If I select Preferences>General>Display Print Size at 100% Zoom, the project is displayed at about 10.5" wide, and if I deselect it, it is displayed at about 7.5".

I thought this was supposed to be fixed last year?

Using CC Illustrator 2020 (24.1.2) 64-bit on a Windows 10 Pro machine.

I have tried altering the Compatibilty>High DPI settings on the shortcut, to no avail.

What am I doing wrong??????

Topics

Bug, How to, Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

dead horse beating...

Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have asked about this before and have never received a response that worked, so as Whitesnake sang, "Here I go again."

When in a project and I select View> Actual Size, the project is not displayed in actual size.  I will explain using a print project which is set at 8.5"x11"...

If I select Preferences>General>Display Print Size at 100% Zoom, the project is displayed at about 10.5" wide, and if I deselect it, it is displayed at about 7.5".

I thought this was supposed to be fixed last year?

Using CC Illustrator 2020 (24.1.2) 64-bit on a Windows 10 Pro machine.

I have tried altering the Compatibilty>High DPI settings on the shortcut, to no avail.

What am I doing wrong??????

Topics

Bug, How to, Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works perfectly for me. You might want to check every detail of your system and graphic card driver.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"If I select Preferences>General>Display Print Size at 100% Zoom, the project is displayed at about 10.5" wide, and if I deselect it, it is displayed at about 7.5"."

Did you zoom in to 100%?

And what do you mean by "if I deselect it, it is displayed at about 7.5" The zoom factor should not change by deselecting objects.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I select Preferences>General>Display Print Size at 100% Zoom, the project is displayed at about 10.5" wide

If I deselect Preferences>General>Display Print Size at 100% Zoom, the project is displayed at about 7.5"

This happens even after I hit CTL+1 to zoom to 100%

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, I understood it differently.

I cannot verify your problem (we have totally different systems)

Maybe someone else comes up with a bright idea.

You could try to chat with the help desk.

At the bottom of this page there is a contact us option:

https://helpx.adobe.com/support/illustrator.html?mv=product&mv2=ai

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Kabboroo LATEST
Explorer ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it might be something with the monitor (LG 27MP58VQ-P 27-Inch IPS Monitor); I hooked up an HP monitor and it works OK.  LG claims it isn't a problem with their product, that it is Adobe's issue.  Big surprise.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines