• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Decorative Brush Border Commercial Use

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are decorative border/brushes included with original libraries with current Illustrator CC subscription free to use in the creation of commercial-use art?  Any restrictions,  copyright considerations?  That is, work created only using the brushes/borders, not the brushes themselves.

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Previous questions along these lines have indicated there are no limits on using the supplied brushes or patterns in Commercial work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor , Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

My only caution is that you may not be able to protect your artwork because you will not be able to claim you created an "original" in your application for copyright protection.  Now, as previously stated, their might be language in Illustrator's Use Agreement ( because it is a rental app ) that has limited use or exclusive use terminology somewhere.  As far as I know, you have access to the Brush libraries because you have paid into the licensing of the product ( i.e., Illustrator ).  I am not

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previous questions along these lines have indicated there are no limits on using the supplied brushes or patterns in Commercial work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My only caution is that you may not be able to protect your artwork because you will not be able to claim you created an "original" in your application for copyright protection.  Now, as previously stated, their might be language in Illustrator's Use Agreement ( because it is a rental app ) that has limited use or exclusive use terminology somewhere.  As far as I know, you have access to the Brush libraries because you have paid into the licensing of the product ( i.e., Illustrator ).  I am not sure your question relates to Adobe's copyright protection or your own copyright protection using their Brushes.  Read their licensing agreement, it probably has terminology related to Symbols, Brushes, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. I recognize the imprecision of my question and your response will improve my focus. Until I can drill down into the Illustrator license agreement, seems prudent to make my own borders for commercial work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines