• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default color settings in Illustrator and Photoshop

Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely messed up the Color Settings (in Edit menu) and I just need to get them back to factory default. I've searched a lot of discussion groups, etc., but I can't find an answer to that question. These are the overall Color Settings for the program, not just a document. The settings that come "out of the box," so to speak.

Can anyone provide? My document/monitor colors are WAY messed up. I just want to go back to first base. In Illustrator those would be settings such as "Settings," "RGB," "CMYK," "Color Management Policies." In Photoshop they are settings such as "Settings," "Working Spaces, "Color Management," "Advanced Controls."

Thank you for anyone who has the patience to answer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Photoshop.

Does this help?

Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 9.20.55 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I have in my color settings if this helps you at all.

Edit, Color Settings

Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 8.32.10 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Do you happen to have the same screen shot for Photoshop? I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop.

Does this help?

Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 9.20.55 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The settings depends on the region you're from.

In Europe they are European General Purpose, but those can't be recommended for print purposes. It's better to use the "Europe Print 3" settings.

Turning off all those warnings is not a good idea and if your monitor is messed up then resetting application color options might not even help at all, because you would rather need to calibrate the monitor.

The best option would be to learn about proper color management and set up the color management to your needs. There are trainings on LinkedIn about this (not for free)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this is a big start, even given that my monitor might be out of whack.

Thank you so much for your quick response.

J. Thrall(if you ever get to Michigan, I'll buy you a beer at one of our breweries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting a color shift when I export too.  It started when someone sent me a file and it asked something about color and legacy format when I opened....now it seems like it changed some setting globally.  Been working though some of these solutions but they don't seem to work.  Here is a screen shot of what it looks like when I export.

orang.png

Any ideas on what to try next?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've got a CMYK file and saving this for web.

So there will be conversion.

And please create a new thread, because if the eisting posts don't help, you'll likely have a different issue.

It would help if you could exactly tell us the error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come for the insight, stay for the scoldings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cudovich  schrieb

Come for the insight, stay for the scoldings.

It just makes it easier to follow a thread when there's only one problem in it and not dozens.

Also: inorder to try and get at the root of your issue, we need further information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have same problem !!!!! how can i fix it ?? and all of the edit colors are off .. i cant access it 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I open an image in photoshop or illustrator, this image automatically changed color without giving any notification or warning. I do not understand why. Photoshop and illustrator do not show me actual color. Can anybody help me out of this situation. Here is my example, left one is opened by photoshop but color is damage.Whenever I open an image in photoshop or illustrator, this image automatically changed color without giving any notification or warning. I do not understand why. Photoshop and illustrator do not show me actual color. Can anybody help me out of this situation. Here is my example, left one is opened by photoshop but color is damage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

Take a look at the following article to move designs between Photoshop and Illustrator for a different workflow that suits your design objectives: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/move-designs-between-photoshop-illustrator.html

Also, if you are looking to work with Illustrator design in Photoshop? See this: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/use-illustrator-artwork-in-photoshop.html

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines