Highlighted

Default location for Save for Web in Illustrator 2020 (24.2)

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
In version 24.2 of Illustrator you have modified the behavior of the SAVE FOR WEB (LEGACY) function. In version 24.1 and older, the default saving folders vas the last folder used, in version 24.2 it is the folder where the Illustrator (.ai) file is located, which is by default. I was wondering if this is a bug or voluntary choice because this choice affects my work flow considerably even if it may seem like a small detail. I understand the value of saving by default where the Illustrator (.ai) file is located, but I would like to choose the method I prefer. For the moment I have regresed to version 24.1.
Thank you

{Renamed by MOD}

Topics

Import and export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Default location for Save for Web in Illustrator 2020 (24.2)

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
In version 24.2 of Illustrator you have modified the behavior of the SAVE FOR WEB (LEGACY) function. In version 24.1 and older, the default saving folders vas the last folder used, in version 24.2 it is the folder where the Illustrator (.ai) file is located, which is by default. I was wondering if this is a bug or voluntary choice because this choice affects my work flow considerably even if it may seem like a small detail. I understand the value of saving by default where the Illustrator (.ai) file is located, but I would like to choose the method I prefer. For the moment I have regresed to version 24.1.
Thank you

{Renamed by MOD}

Topics

Import and export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to suggest a feeature request, please do so over there: http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

She's not necessarily suggesting a feature, she's asking a question about something that's changed in the latest update. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, yeah, sure. But if you want this changed, then report it in uservoice. Otherwise the engineers will never know what you want.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's fine, but I'm sure she still wants an answer to her question. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is 95% users and 0% engineers.

Uservoice is where the engineers are. They are the only ones that can answer why this happened.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am an He and not a She, but it does not matter no offense. I appreciate to see that I am not the only one who is annoyed by the change. If I am more likely to be answered on uservoice, I will post on it. thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have post my problem on uservoice.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you post a link to it in this thread, then other people can add their vote.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laurent,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with Illustrator. I checked and could not replicate this behavior on version 24.2. As you can see in screenshots, the default location for file is Downloads (last saved location), however, originally the file was saved in Pictures folder.

original location.pnglast save folder.png

I would suggest resetting preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) once in your free time and let us know how it goes.

Please note that all the custom settings would reset too. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick response, however I don't think we are talking about the same thing. I would like the last saved location to be the default for this window.2020-06-18_08h39_11.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here. It looks like it may be a deliberate change, but I hope not. It affects my work flow as well. I export jpg proofs into a specific folder, and now I have to navigate to that folder every time. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a matter of course I'd like to report that I do see the same issue, but unfortunately I cannot reproduce the issue at the moment.

That means that the Save for Web dialog still remembers the last folder used.

That applies to the latest version of Illustrator on Mac OS 10.14.6

Probably I've overlooked something, but I don't think so.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on windows 10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that may be the difference.

Just one reason why it is always a good idea to mention what operating system one is using ...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines