• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default save location in Illustrator

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an odd issue with saving files from Illustrator, which seems to have come about during the latest update. Basically I create proofs for customers as pdf files on my computer (often going back and forth with multiple edits), then when the proofs are approved, I save them to a shared server. For reasons I haven't figured out, something has changed.

It used to be that I would open the template (which is saved locally on my computer) that I use and create a new proof and when I do a "save as" it would default to my computer to save it with a new filename in the folder from which I opened the template. Now, "save as" automatically directs me to the server, where I usually don't want to save it yet, so I have to redirect to the working folder on my computer and save the file there. If I open the file from my computer later and do some edits to the proof, and click "save as" again, it again defaults back to the server for me to save the file. In fact, even opening a new file, I am directed to the shared server, and have to redirect back to my computer to find the template file.

It's driving me a little crazy. I'm using 25.0.1 on a pc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. We have recently released an update for Illustrator 2021 (v 25.2.3) which contains some stability fixes. 

I would request if you could update Illustrator to latest version and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines