Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

default setting

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I need help please,

When I open a new documents I have "Adobe arabic" set by default, there's anyone who know how to change it and choose others settinng's 

Thnaks you so much 

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

I'm copying an old post of mine here, you need to watch out for Illustrator version differences, but generally, I believe it is going to be the same steps. Here is the old post…

In Adobe InDesign, we change application defaults by simply closing any open documents, change the font to Gill Sans, change paragraph directions, dictionary language, and any other formatting. From there on, any new document you create in InDesign will remember your new defaults that suit Latin language users, but this

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under Preference>Type what is selected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm copying an old post of mine here, you need to watch out for Illustrator version differences, but generally, I believe it is going to be the same steps. Here is the old post…

In Adobe InDesign, we change application defaults by simply closing any open documents, change the font to Gill Sans, change paragraph directions, dictionary language, and any other formatting. From there on, any new document you create in InDesign will remember your new defaults that suit Latin language users, but this is only in InDesign.

In Illustrator however it is a longer issue, to my knowledge you need to change your file profile. For instance, if you use the "Print" profile, you will have to change all defaults in a new document, name this new document as Print.ai to replace the one that comes "out of the box" with Illustrator.

Check this link of how to change Illustrator defaults on your Mac or Windows machine. I also prepared a video a few years ago which may help you perform this task.

Another thing, if you want, you may download another English version of Illustrator on your machine so that you end up with two Illustrator applications on the machine, one has Arabic as default Language and settings, and the other version has English as default Language and settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines