• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Defect when creating knockout/see-through text with Pathfinder in AI

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got an issue with creating see-through/subtracted text with Pathfinder in Adobe Illustrator. I want to make a punch out text on an object, for example a filled circle, so the text gets transparent or gets whatever background I put behind it. I've viewed a couple of posts regarding this topic but nothing has solved my problem. I'm aware that text should be outlined, and it is. What happens is that whatever alternative I choose in the Pathfinder, it cuts off the top of the letters. As you can see in the example below, "g" and "n" are cut off at the top, so the letters loose their proper look. Like it has lost some anchor points. How can I get around this issue? As I've mentioned, I've tried to outline text, but also to ungroup letters, tested with different font etc. It almost seems like the program creates/reduces anchor points or thinks that there is any object, like a line, above those two letters and cuts them off. Skärmavbild 2021-01-07 kl. 13.33.13.pngSkärmavbild 2021-01-07 kl. 13.31.29.pngSkärmavbild 2021-01-07 kl. 13.31.16.png

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Feature request , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

What happens if you go to View > Preview on CPU?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you go to View > Preview on CPU?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, it worked and show the punched out letters just with the flat tops as in the original font, as you can see on the picture with the white font. Massive thanks!

Just another question: This object is a detail in a bigger document containing much more. When I send this document to print, will this setting affect the final result compared if it first was set as Preview on GPU?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It means this is a visual glitch caused by the GPU view setting. It won't have an effect on anything but what you see in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again for your super fast replies!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines