Highlighted

Delete parts of different paths

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community,

I need your help on a project: I have a Paper Design consisting of different paths and i want them all to be rounded. Here is a Picture:

I want the part where the arrows are deleted depending on the shape of the circle.

beispiel.jpg

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Jacob_Bugge | Most Valuable Participant

Matt,

As I (mis)understand it, you can:

1) Copy the circle and lock the original,

2) Cut the copy where it reaches/crosses the paper image (Scissors Tool) and delete the lower part,

3) With the Pen Tool Click one of the end Anchor Points from 2) and complete a closed path that encloses the undesired upper paper image part, then give it a black Fill and no Stroke,

4) Select both the new path and the paper image and in the Transparency palette (flyout) click Make (Opacity) Path with both Clip and Invert Mask unticked (in the main Transparency palette),

5) Unlock the original circle from 1) and select it and Ctrl/Cmd+C+F+X+F to bring it to the front, then select everything and Ctrl/Cmd+G to Group.

Or if you only wish to have what is within the circle shown (so the bottom left paper part and the shadow at the bottom right are also hidden), you can just select everything and Ctrl/Cmd+7 to create a Clipping Mask, then if desired deselect and with the Direct Selection Tool click the (invisible) circle and reapply its Stroke.

Topics

Draw and design, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Delete parts of different paths

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community,

I need your help on a project: I have a Paper Design consisting of different paths and i want them all to be rounded. Here is a Picture:

I want the part where the arrows are deleted depending on the shape of the circle.

beispiel.jpg

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Jacob_Bugge | Most Valuable Participant

Matt,

2) Cut the copy where it reaches/crosses the paper image (Scissors Tool) and delete the lower part,

3) With the Pen Tool Click one of the end Anchor Points from 2) and complete a closed path that encloses the undesired upper paper image part, then give it a black Fill and no Stroke,

4) Select both the new path and the paper image and in the Transparency palette (flyout) click Make (Opacity) Path with both Clip and Invert Mask unticked (in the main Transparency palette),

5) Unlock the original circle from 1) and select it and Ctrl/Cmd+C+F+X+F to bring it to the front, then select everything and Ctrl/Cmd+G to Group.

Or if you only wish to have what is within the circle shown (so the bottom left paper part and the shadow at the bottom right are also hidden), you can just select everything and Ctrl/Cmd+7 to create a Clipping Mask, then if desired deselect and with the Direct Selection Tool click the (invisible) circle and reapply its Stroke.

Topics

Draw and design, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matt,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines