• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete/Remove Rectangular Grid

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you remove a rectangular grid after using the Rectangular Grid Tool? I placed one on top of some artwork as a guide but I cannot find a way to remove it or delete it while working. It appears to have taken on a presence and is attached to objects. Thank you!

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

If you can select the grid, you can go to the layers panel, click the magnifying glass at the bottom of the panel and jump to the location of the selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The rectangular grid can be selected with the regular selection tool (black arrow) and hidden using the keyboard command Command (Mac)/Control (PC)-3. It can be unhidden using Option-Command (Mac)/Alt-Control (PC)-3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

zephyr,

Or you can lock it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Rectangular Grid Tool always creates a group.

Please make sure that the group is not in a layer that is locked. Can you show us a screenshot of your Layers Panel with the visible group, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s very kind to offer support but I’m a newbie and my first project is chock full of paths and layers and groups and it’s quite messy. I wasn't able to isolate that the grid belongs to anything that I could identify in the layers tab, so I’ve nothing to show at this point. At this stage, fingers crossed, it appears that I’ll be able to manage and move forward with the project to completion. I’ll have to read up on the tool further to better understand its use, but if I were to use a rectangular table in the future is there a rule that I can use for its removal? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can select the grid, you can go to the layers panel, click the magnifying glass at the bottom of the panel and jump to the location of the selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to all. It appears the grid is the last of my worries now; there's a more significant issue which I'll post as new. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines