• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting part of path?

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to illustrator and came from other programs where I could just delete a part of a line, but I cannot seem to do this with illustrator, I will provide what happens when I try to delete a part of a line and what I would like to happen (the want I would like to happen is video edited because I dont know how to do it).

I've looked all over youtube and searched google multiple times but haven't found anything, please help.

What happens:

Video link 1 

What I want to happen:

Video link 2 

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Try using the Eraser Tool (Shift + E). You can change the size of the eraser using the left and right square bracket keys.

If you hold down the Alt/Option key while using the Eraser Tool you can define rectangular areas to delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Another thing your u can do is to use the regular pen tool to click and create points where you want to cut the path. Then, use the white arrow to select what points you want to delete, and hit backspace (delete on Mac)

OR, embedded with (I forget which tool) there's. scissor that can snip a path, where ever you  snip. It'll leave 2endpoints where you snip. Then just delete what you want. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using the Eraser Tool (Shift + E). You can change the size of the eraser using the left and right square bracket keys.

If you hold down the Alt/Option key while using the Eraser Tool you can define rectangular areas to delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing your u can do is to use the regular pen tool to click and create points where you want to cut the path. Then, use the white arrow to select what points you want to delete, and hit backspace (delete on Mac)

OR, embedded with (I forget which tool) there's. scissor that can snip a path, where ever you  snip. It'll leave 2endpoints where you snip. Then just delete what you want. 

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines