• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

deleting user defined AI swatches

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to find my user defined swatches to delete them.  They are not in the AI/Presets/en_US/Swatches location.  I can only view the default adobe swatches in this location.  Where are the user defined swatched stored?  I am on AI CC 2019.  Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

They are in your user folder.

In the Application support.

Vektorgarten - Illustrator-Settings, Preferences, Templates, Libraries

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Go to Macintosh HD > Users > Your PC Name > Library > Application Support > Adobe > Adobe Illustrator 27 > en_US > Swatches

Note: if your Library folder is not showing, please press command+shift+. to unhide the folder.

instruction.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

My hidden folders don't appear with command+shift+period.
But it worked with command+shift+H, then I was able to find the Library.

Thought this could be helpful to someone else 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

In your screendump named 2.jpg you show the correct path, but you show it from within Illustrator. Try to go there using the Finder.  If the folder is hidden:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are in your user folder.

In the Application support.

Vektorgarten - Illustrator-Settings, Preferences, Templates, Libraries

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monika, thank you - I am still unable to locate it - is it a hidden folder?  Could you send a screen shot?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS, right?

Apple thinks you are unable to handle that folder so it hides it from you.

User Library in High Sierra - Apple Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go pc search then write app data ..look the video..i think you will get your answer from this video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue/question, but on a PC.

I'm also having trouble finding a recent answer on the help forum.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

/Users/<your username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Illustrator 25/en_US/Swatches

This was the path in my case!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, perfect! This took me directly to my user defined swatches. Thank you. Only thing I would add for people who may not know is that "Library" is hidden by default on MacOS. There may be other ways to get around this as well but the way that I know is to click "Go" in the menu bar and hold the "option" key to reveal "Library".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I was so confused as to why I wasn't seeing this folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, does anyone know how to delete it? I am using Mac Monterey, IA CC 26.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Macintosh HD > Users > Your PC Name > Library > Application Support > Adobe > Adobe Illustrator 27 > en_US > Swatches

Note: if your Library folder is not showing, please press command+shift+. to unhide the folder.

instruction.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My hidden folders don't appear with command+shift+period.
But it worked with command+shift+H, then I was able to find the Library.

Thought this could be helpful to someone else 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found my saved swatches via the menubar of my Mac; I could not find them using the Finder.

Menubar > Go To (hold Option) > Library> Application Support > Adobe > Adobe Illustrator 27> fr_FR> SWATCHES

When using the Finder:

MacIntosh HD > Users > Pc Name >  Library? > ....

I couldn't go past this step because the library would not appear whatever I did (shift Command H ...)

I hope this helps ; )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried all options in this string of advice, but cannot find my user defined swatches - I've taken three screenshots to show my paths attempted... Forgive me for asking the same question, but can someone cleverer than me please help me to find my user defined swatches so that I can delete them? Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your screendump named 2.jpg you show the correct path, but you show it from within Illustrator. Try to go there using the Finder.  If the folder is hidden:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day Ton. I wanted to reach out and thank you so much for sharing your feedback with me. I followed your link, and the key for me was eventually that I held down the Option key when selecting the library folder. When I held the Option key down, it miraculously revealed all my user defined swatches that I was eager to delete, and subsequently have deleted. Your help is so appreciated. Thank you very very much. Kind regards Heidi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear that worked for you, Heidi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I tried all the options on this thread to find my library to delete my custom swatches with no success, can someone please guide me (cmd shift + or H does not show the library etc)

I also tried to go in the AI app but can only get to the default swatches

Also tried to go straight to Library and no AI thereScreenshot 2023-05-15 at 7.23.26 PM.png Screenshot 2023-05-15 at 6.55.46 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-05-15 at 7.21.50 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to open the Library > Application support > Adobe folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines