• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dimmed layer does not stay dimmed

Explorer ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a logo with a dimmed layer on it.  When I copy and paste into another image or place in another image, the dimmed image is shown as 100%.  When I flatten the image the dimmed layer is no longer dimmed.  How do I make a dimmed layer export as dimmed?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us exactly how you dimmed the layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double clicked layer and pulled up a dialogue where I checked a box on dim layer and inputted a dimmed percentage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That attribute is limited to that specific layer in that specific file. It can only be copied and pasted if you make this layer a sublayer of another layer and when pasting active "Paste remembers layers" in the layers panel (also: when copying the layer needs to be targeted, not just the image selected)

If you want to apply it to the document you can

- reduce opacity of the image using the transparency panel

- overlay a white rectangle and reduce its opacity

- embed the image and then in Edit > Edit colors > Color balance make it lighter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of applying the transparency to the layer, apply it to the objects on the layer.

If the opacity is the only effect you applied to the layer, you can note the percentage, select the layer in the Appearance panel and choose Clear Appearance.

Select the Objects (don't click the circle next to the layer name) on the layer and apply the transparency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect that worked.  Clicked on the object.  Went to the menu on the top and adjusted the opacity of the object.  It exported as expected.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear that helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines