• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Direct selection doesn't work

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! After updating AI 2021 25.2.1 direct selection doesn't work!  AI 2021 lost the ability to unlock individual objects as well. I have reinstalled and installed the product, but it kept being disfunctional at least in these two aspects. Why it is not possible to maintain the quality of  AI in such vital functions as these two?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Does it help if you go to View > Show Edges?

The shortcut in the English version is Ctrl + H (I am not aware of the translation).

For unlocking, is this option on in Preferences?

Screenshot 2021-03-15 120346.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't experienced any change in direct selection or unlocking objects. Could you share more details, such as your OS?

In what way has unlocking ceased to function? Can you unlock objects from the layers panel, or by right-clicking on the locked object?

Does the direct selection tool not work at all, or does it work in an unexpected way? Have some functions ceased but not others?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I use Windows 10.

Direct selection does not select, only outlines the object. If I happen to find a dot with the cursor, than it appears and I can "work" with it without being able to see the other dots of the object.

Printscreens attached.

Unlocking objects functions as in AI 2020. The little lock doesn't appear on the locked object, and you can only unlock all objects, or none.

Too sad...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it help if you go to View > Show Edges?

The shortcut in the English version is Ctrl + H (I am not aware of the translation).

For unlocking, is this option on in Preferences?

Screenshot 2021-03-15 120346.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! Both suggestions helped to solve the problems! Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines