• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable finger touch input on Illustrator and Adobe Draw

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to disable finger to screen input on illustrator? I have a stylus, and with other drawing software, you can set it so that your hand doesn’t draw on the screen, only your stylus, so you can rest your hand on the screen when you draw. Is there a comparable setting in illustrator?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about Illustrator or Adobe Draw (the mobile app)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illutrator!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jones,

Thanks for reaching out. As Monika said, we are not sure if you are talking about Adobe Illustrator (Desktop app) or Adobe Draw (Mobile app), however, we do not have this setting in any of these applications.

This definitely sounds like a good feature hence I will forward this to our product team and you can do that too by sharing it here https://illustrator.uservoice.com/

For Adobe Draw, there is an option to share feedback under the main menu (three lines on top left corner of the screen).

clipboard_image_0.png

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this not available in Illustrator yet? Photoshop has had this for quite some time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti, is this still not an option? Just bought a stylus and having issues with my palm messing up my work.

Palm rejection is enabled on my touch screen but illustrator software still recognizes my palm when I'm trying to draw or trace. I'm new to Adobe illustrator but this feature seems like a given. Thanks, K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe doesn't care about anybody being able to draw with a stylus in the desktop application. They assume everybody just uses a mouse. They should hire an illustrator to sit in on the developer team to give some useful input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question.... for Illustrator on iPad....trying to use pen, but my pinky keeps touching the screen and drawing lines!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's there. In the App Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where exactly?
I also have the issue that Illustrator sees my finger as a pen and ruining everything I'm working on. I use a Surface Book and have the latest version of Illustrator and can't find the option to disable or enable any of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monika probably means Photoshop. Photoshop has all the features we need in Illustrator, like disable finger input, rotate canvas and roatate with device orientation so we can draw in portrait mode... but the AI devs don't consider anybody actually wanting to draw with Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monika probably means Photoshop.

By @ktotheb

No. Monika doesn't mean Photoshop. Monika means Illustrator on the iPad, because this sub-thread is talking about Illustrator on the iPad.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-25 um 19.25.21.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Silly me. The main thread is talking about Illustrator desktop app. Surface is mentioned in this subthread as well. 

But so nice to see Adobe has this feature on the new half-baked iPad app but can't figure out or be bothered to add it to the full version people use on tablet computers.

So, why can't we get this feature on the desktop version Monika? I'm hoping you can make me look silly once again and show me where it exists in the desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the desktop you have to rely on the hardware doing that. i.e. options on the Microsoft Surface, or the Wacom or whatever.

Or you use one of those gloves as most professional illustrators do.

The question is whether Illustrator has any access to this at all or if it needs to be done at system or tablet driver level. I don't know that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my problem, Adobe Photoshop can do it on the Surface Pro, but Illustrator cannot. It is capable. The devs choose not to implement it. Why? I wish they would speak up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines