Highlighted

Disable saving .ai.bak files

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm experiencing a problem when working in Illustrator, back up files are being created. Well at least I think they are backup files as they have an .ai.bak extension. See my File & Handing Clipboard preferences below:

BruceB_81_0-1591681660268.png

Thanks,
Bruce

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

Something in your system creates those files. The file recovery in Illustrator doesn't make .bak files.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Disable saving .ai.bak files

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm experiencing a problem when working in Illustrator, back up files are being created. Well at least I think they are backup files as they have an .ai.bak extension. See my File & Handing Clipboard preferences below:

BruceB_81_0-1591681660268.png

Thanks,
Bruce

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

Something in your system creates those files. The file recovery in Illustrator doesn't make .bak files.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I'll ask our IT team to assist. Thanks again for the help. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you uncheck the Optimize File Open and Save on Slow Networks (Beta) option?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2020 1