• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disappearance of gradient annotator et al. when breaking link to a symbol

Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all, am stumped by a problem here.  Am using Illustrator 22.1 (32 bit) on a Windows 10 laptop.

I have a path containing multiple gradients that I have converted into a symbol.  Now I need to break the link to that symbol (in some instances) and edit the path directly, changing the gradients within it.  I can see these gradients in the Appearance panel, but if I attempt to edit one by clicking on that gradient and then on the Gradient tool, I do not get any annotator.  I am able to click points on my path to indicate where the gradient starts and stops, but am not able to change the shape of the gradient (the default is always round, of course).  I can change the location of various color stops by changing them in the Gradient tab, but this does not allow me to change the gradient shape.  Also, if I click on the path with the Selection tool, I am shown no annotation lines here either-- I cannot see where the corners of the path are, and so am unable to use the mouse to modify its size.  This is not at all what Illustrator normally does!  I cannot figure out if this is just a bug or if I am doing something wrong.  I attempted to attach the file but was told that the file extension "did not match the file content type" and it was removed.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can try to attach a pdf version (with Illustrator editing capabilities) or use CC file sharing, dropbox google, wetransfer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines