• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disappearing Illustrator Artboards when saved as pdf

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to save a file that has two artboards as a pdf. I click save as, use artboards, 1-2 artboards. When I go to open the pdf it shows 2 artboards but one of them is blank. If I go to open the pdf in Illustrator everything is there, but I need to show this file to my coworkers who don't have Illustrator. All of my layers are visible, the artboards are in the right place, I have updated my programs and I have also reinstalled them. I don't know what to do to solve this problem anymore and I couldn't find this issue in the forums.

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Are all layers set to "Print"

Is there a template layer?

Do you use Acrobat to check the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you send us the Illustrator file and give more information? Did you try to copy and paste the content to a new file and than do a PDF?

Maybe the file is corrupted..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are all layers set to "Print"

Is there a template layer?

Do you use Acrobat to check the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had to check the layer settings! Because the missing artboard was all on one layer I had in my head it was an artboard issue rather than a layer issue. I had to set the layer to print. *facepalm* Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines