• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

disconnect all links, etc. for all objects in a floor plan to send the floorplan to a sign shop

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a Fire and Life Safety Inspector.  I need to create floor plans where I can place the required elements (extinguishers, exit signs, hose cabinets, directioanl arrow, etc.) and send the  .ai drawing to a sign shop to produce wall mounted Evacuation Plan signs.  I am new to Illustrator and, despite my best attempts, relatively speaking, the objects either don't show on the drawing, or  the sign shop gets an error that the objects can't be found.

I have embedded the objects in the drawing.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What do you send to the sign shop?

Iwould ask them tospecify what kind of PDF file exactly they need (PDF/X? Which color profile?) and then save as a PDF according to their specifications. There will be everything inside the PDF. Also: make sure they print that using Adobe Acrobat.

You might have less trouble with them when the placed symbols are vector artwork. Should be possible to get that.

If that doesn't help, please show us screenshots that contain the Layers panel (the layers must be "open" so contents are visible)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines