Distribute Spacing / Align to not working properly

Explorer ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

For some reason, the distribute spacing tool and the align-to function stopped working correctly and I can't figure out why.

Distribute_Spacing.JPG

If I try to evenly space out these buttons, the horizontal alignment messes up entirely and even If i press to distribute horizontal spacing at 0mm, the circles remain unaligned.

Align_To_Rulers.JPG

I also tried to align to a horizontal line but for some reason, it just isn't working.

What do you suggest?

TOPICS
How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. It looks weird. Which Illustrator version are you working on? Have you tried resetting the preferences? https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/user-guide.html/no/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.ug.html

Marlon Ceballos.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Align implimentation is yet another work in progress!

It may not help you in this situation but I have a keyboard shortcut set up for artboard-fit-to-selected, I select just the items I need to align, hit the shortcut, and use the align on artboard setting.

(I have the full document set up with a keyline, I select that, then hit the shortcut again to get back to the full size artboard.)

I use this a lot for zooming around a document too.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The first image you are distributing to a key object and that seems to have worked correctly. Not sure what is going on in the second image, definitely not working for horizontal alignement to the artboard. Did resetting preferences work?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines