Highlighted

Distribute the stroke in same distance

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

I have an amount of strokes which are 22px and the distance of each stroke is 4.4px. I try to use the align option in illustrator and type in 26.4px in distribute spacing option. It works great.

cap1.jpg

When I rotate the stroke, the distance of each stroke is same, but when I add one more line and then type in 26.4px in distribute spacing option again. It comes the result like this. resultresult

I have a solution that adding the stroke and then distribute them in 26.4px before the rotation. However, it is quite stupid as each time when I add the stroke, each time I need to make the stroke vertically and then distribute them in same distance and then rotate them once again. Just want to see if there is any solution that I dont need to rotate them again. Thank you.

expected outcomeexpected outcome

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Jacob_Bugge | Most Valuable Participant

matchancc,

I believe you mean Distribute Objects rather than Distribute Spacing.

You can add a number of nostroke paths to start with (while they are still vertical) and then give (one/some of) them strokes afterwards as needed/desired, and delete those unneeded when you are certain.

Or you can select the latest stroke/path, then Object>Transform>Move by (+/-) 18.667619 px, or (more) rounded 18.6676px, both horizontally and vertically, remember to use Copy, then recolour the new stroke. After that you can use Ctrl/Cmd+D to repeat as long as the values are kept.

18.667619px corresponds to 26.4

Topics

Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Distribute the stroke in same distance

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

I have an amount of strokes which are 22px and the distance of each stroke is 4.4px. I try to use the align option in illustrator and type in 26.4px in distribute spacing option. It works great.

cap1.jpg

When I rotate the stroke, the distance of each stroke is same, but when I add one more line and then type in 26.4px in distribute spacing option again. It comes the result like this. resultresult

I have a solution that adding the stroke and then distribute them in 26.4px before the rotation. However, it is quite stupid as each time when I add the stroke, each time I need to make the stroke vertically and then distribute them in same distance and then rotate them once again. Just want to see if there is any solution that I dont need to rotate them again. Thank you.

expected outcomeexpected outcome

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Jacob_Bugge | Most Valuable Participant

matchancc,

You can add a number of nostroke paths to start with (while they are still vertical) and then give (one/some of) them strokes afterwards as needed/desired, and delete those unneeded when you are certain.

Or you can select the latest stroke/path, then Object>Transform>Move by (+/-) 18.667619 px, or (more) rounded 18.6676px, both horizontally and vertically, remember to use Copy, then recolour the new stroke. After that you can use Ctrl/Cmd+D to repeat as long as the values are kept.

Topics

Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

matchancc,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines