Highlighted

does anyone know how to undo this setting/effect/idk?!

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does anyone know how to undo this setting/effect/idk that is being applied to every shape and line I draw? Whenever i draw one shape overlapping another, I still see the stroke line of the previous shape when I am trying to make the overlapped portion of the shape not be visible. Also when drawing lines the stroke is always black and when I change the color of the stroke it stays black until I make the stroke width high enough to see the different color coming out beside the original black stroke. This weird effect is also happening to every new shape/line I draw, so I don't know what setting could have been changed to make this happen. I hope I explained that good enough and if someone could help that would be great. AiCapture.PNGAiCapture2.PNG

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Doug A Roberts | Adobe Community Professional

Open the appearance panel (Window > Appearance).

Select an object. Do you see an entry for 'layer' in the panel?

If so, double-click it and remove the associated fill/stroke from there.

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

does anyone know how to undo this setting/effect/idk?!

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does anyone know how to undo this setting/effect/idk that is being applied to every shape and line I draw? Whenever i draw one shape overlapping another, I still see the stroke line of the previous shape when I am trying to make the overlapped portion of the shape not be visible. Also when drawing lines the stroke is always black and when I change the color of the stroke it stays black until I make the stroke width high enough to see the different color coming out beside the original black stroke. This weird effect is also happening to every new shape/line I draw, so I don't know what setting could have been changed to make this happen. I hope I explained that good enough and if someone could help that would be great. AiCapture.PNGAiCapture2.PNG

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Doug A Roberts | Adobe Community Professional

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what it was! Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Noah,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to correct response given by Doug. I'd request checking out this help article(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/appearance-attributes.html) to know how you can adjust appearance attributes.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 0