Highlighted

Double object selection after update

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Minor problem but would like to solve this:

I've recently updated Illustrator and now every time I want to select more than one object, it automatically selects one of the objects extra to use it as -for example- position reference to align all the selected objects. Really annoying if you ask me as it categorically selects the wrong object and I've looked around to disable this but can't seem to find it in preferences? Is it possible? Am I looking in the wrong place? Please advise... thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Draw and design, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Double object selection after update

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Minor problem but would like to solve this:

I've recently updated Illustrator and now every time I want to select more than one object, it automatically selects one of the objects extra to use it as -for example- position reference to align all the selected objects. Really annoying if you ask me as it categorically selects the wrong object and I've looked around to disable this but can't seem to find it in preferences? Is it possible? Am I looking in the wrong place? Please advise... thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Draw and design, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it already version 24.2.1?

And if so: did you reset the preferences?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika,

Yes, 24.2.1 but I didn't do any resetting (as far as I know 😉 Should I? And if so, which preferences, of Illustrator interface or the system preferences of Illustrator? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2020 0
XAN143 LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aaaaah thnx, Ton! 

Problem solved, case closed! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2020 0
Resources