• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Download Preview' image goes strait to Adobe Illustrator

Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to ‘Download Preview’ an image the image goes straight to Adobe Illustrator. How to stop that from happening. I want to open the file in Photos, or save it in Photos File and use it from there. 

I am using Windows 10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where a downloading file goes should be a setting in your browser preferences.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

Thanks for reaching out and trying to help. Your advice was really invaluable, however despite all changes in the settings, I am still having the issue.
It looks like the issues begin when you save an image to the Library as liked. I just tried with ‘DRONE’. I didn't have a file in my Library associated with Drones and the first image was saved in my local drive. However, the moment I created a file in my Library with ‘Drone name’ all images were instantly opened in Adobe Illustrator. Very frustrating as it takes ages to open the file in the Adobe Illustrator, instead of checking it instantly in Photos. Adobe Support was absolutely useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'm on Mac, but there must be a Windows equivalent (mustn't there?) where the contextual menu for each file gives access to an info window where you can indicate what app should open a particular file, with the option to have that application open all files of that kind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the delayed response. Looks like you are downloading the preview of stock files from CC libraries. Could you please confirm what type of file is this JPEG/ PNG, etc.?

You just need to change the default app to open these files from Illustrator to your desired application. 

• Right-click the file and choose Open With > Choose Another App from the context-menu.

Or 

• Choose Start > Control Panel.
  • Double-click Default Programs.
  • Click Associate A File Type.
  • Select ..jpeg or .png from the list.
  • Click Change Program.
  • If your desired app (Photos) is listed, choose it. Otherwise, click Browse to locate it and click Open.
  • Ensure that Always Use The Selected Program... option is selected. Click OK to close the Open With dialog box.
  • Download preview again and check.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about on a mac? Why is adobe stock downloading .ai as preview files on mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines