• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloaded Adobe Creative Cloud 2020 and old files disappeared

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP please.  I lost hundreds of ai files worth of work when I updated my creative cloud to 2020.  I already tried talking to an Adobe rep via chat who did nothing except tell me that they have nothing to do with managing my files.

That would make sense, except that they are not only gone from my hard drive, but also gone from illustrator itself.  When I log in, where I used to see all of my work in thumbnails, there is NOTHING.

I've already tried unhiding hidden files.  And I've contacted Apple just to be sure there was nothing they could do (since I'm on a macbook), and they even said this had something to do with Adobe.

Please help if you have any idea about this, I feel like I've wasted years of time on artwork and money on an adobe subscription, with nothing to show for it, and no help from Adobe who I've been giving my money to.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stop panicking.   Your new Start Screen is empty because it contains no history.  That is normal and expected behavior with a brand new version of your software.  Essentially it's an empty slate until you use it.

The actual files are still wherever you saved them.  Use your operating system's file manager (Mac Finder or Win File Explorer and search your hard drive for .ai files, etc...

Post back if you need more help.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post from the Get Started forum to the Program Specific forum.

If this is in Error please state the exact Adobe program you are asking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I hope your issue is resolved.
If it is not, would you mind sharing version of Illustrator and OS?

Did you save your files on Creative Cloud?(If yes, I'd request checking out https://assets.adobe.com and see if you can find your files there).

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines