Highlighted

Drag and drop into new files

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to have 2 different documents open in Illustrator, select what I wanted from one file and then just drag and drop them into the other file by hovering over the tab at the top. 

It's now not letting me do this - is it a setting I need or something? 

Still fairly new to Illustrator 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Drag and drop into new files

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to have 2 different documents open in Illustrator, select what I wanted from one file and then just drag and drop them into the other file by hovering over the tab at the top. 

It's now not letting me do this - is it a setting I need or something? 

Still fairly new to Illustrator 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click and drag the item to the other document's tab, which shifts the focus to the destination document. When that happens, drag the cursor into that document and release. Works fine for me. It's not clear to me if you are dropping the object onto the tab, which would not work.

Peter

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep thats what I used to do and I'm currently still trying to do that but the focus never changes now, only started in the last 2 weeks. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2020 0
Resources