• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag+Shift+Option > Not working

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to select an object, and then DRAG it holding SHIFT+OPTION to MOVE and COPY + CONSTRAIN it doesn't work. It only selects the copy or constrain. Can't find the answers anywhere... Can someone help me?

I'm using MacOSSierra and Illustrator CC 2017

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Turns out to be the Wacom driver. I went back to an older version and dragging with shift+option suddenly works again.

I am on Mac, Intuos Pro M (2017)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THis is a little wonky. Turn on smart guides and use them instead of the shift key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using smart guides, but its a lot harder. With the shift function it’s a lot better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it's not working correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, but Im trying to solve it, not looking for alternate solutions, resize with the Option + Shift using Selection Tool (V) also don’t work. It seems that Illustrator is not recognizing two keys at once...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There might not be a solution.

But you can try:

If you have a Wacom tablet, try and install a different version of the driver.

If you have any (any !) other software running (yes this includes browsers, mailers and stuff), close it. Run only Illustrator. Best do this after a computer restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, this isn't working for me either. Very frustrating and really slows down productivity.

I'm using a wacom and wireless apple keyboard, however, I find that it works on the laptop keyboard though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just came across this problem after uninstalling my Wacom drivers and installing new ones (upgraded from an Intuos3 to an Intuos Pro (2017)). Now I am having the same problem.

Ditching the preferences doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pedro,

I was not 100% clear on "only selects the copy or constrain". Are you saying   sometime this will copy and not constrain, and other times this will constrain and not copy?

Can you try using the shift and option on opposite side of your keyboard, or better yet another keyboard so we can eliminate this being hardware issue. If you are continually holding down those  2 keys this should work unless as SFvdB mentioned you have some software such as a wacom tablet or other system/ilustraror modifier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is, if you press SHIFT + OPTION (mac) and drag the object It won’t copy with the constrain (this shift button I use to move the objects in a 180º or 90º angle, so it keeps the movement straight)

But also, this is not working on any function, every time you press SHIFT + OPTION on Illustrator or even Photoshop (for scale, copy+move, rotation, etc) it won’t work!

I tried with the other shift and option on the other side of the keyboard, and it also didn’t work… I don’t know how to solve it; I tried to quit chrome and other applications but the problem remains, on both Illustrator and Photoshop (didn’t tried on others)

I’ll try to restart the computer and open Illustrator and Photoshop first, without the wacom tablet connected to see if it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So are you saying this acts as if the option key is not being held down continuously?

Make sure you are using a selection tool not transform tool.

I find this annoying myself and wish they would allow the transform tool to copy. You could add the command key (Switches you temporarily to selection tool), but you seem to have to try twice latest in CC2015 to get that to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turns out to be the Wacom driver. I went back to an older version and dragging with shift+option suddenly works again.

I am on Mac, Intuos Pro M (2017)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFvdB is right, it is the latest Wacom driver causing issues. It is all over the Wacom forums and sub reddit even thought they insist it is fixed. Very frustrating!

SFvdB​ Which driver version did you roll back to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOSX - Driver 6.3.21-8 (Mac OS X 10.10, 10.11, & 10.12)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When rolling back driver for Wacom I recommend using the uninstaller, and then manually removing the files from the list below. I found 3 of those still there.

In short I had a Intuos 3, and with the latest mac OS would not go to sleep even with the recommended older wacom version of software, if the wacom was connected. The following  email I got yesterday form Wacom solved my issue.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Dear Mike,

We apologize for the wrong link we provided on the previous email. Please use the next steps and link to install the Wacom driver:

First, disconnect the tablet from the computer and remove the driver using the Wacom Utility:

Open your Applications folder and locate any Tablet or Wacom Tablet folders you have

Use the Utility in each of these folders and click 'Remove' under 'Tablet Software'

Once the software is removed, restart the computer

After removing the driver with the utility, you can manually check to see if anything is left behind in the following folders. So while in our desktop we want to click on 'Go' (upper left corner), then on 'Computer'. Once inside, please access your main hard drive (by default should be named Macintosh HD). Once we're here anything that's related to Wacom, would need to be removed from the folders. The same will have to be checked in any respective User's folder on the system. On OS X 10.7 Lion or later, the User Library folder has been hidden. To access it, you must select 'Go' from the top of Finder and select 'Go to folder...'. Here, enter ' ~/Library ' to access the current user's Library folder. Please check for Wacom related files and remove them from inside the next folders:

Macintosh HD/

Applications/Wacom Tablet

Library/Application Support/Tablet

Library/Frameworks/WacomMultiTouch.framework

Library/Internet Plugins/WacomTabletPlugin.plugin

Library/Launch Agents/com.wacom.wacomtablet.plist

Library/LaunchDaemons/com.wacom.displayhelper.plist

Library/LaunchDaemons/com.wacom.RemoveTabletHelpter.plist

Library/LaunchDaemons/com.wacom.TabletHelper.plist

Library/PreferencePanes/WacomTablet.prefpane

Library/Preferences/Tablet

Library/PriveledgedHelperTools/com.wacom.RemoveTabletHelper

Library/PriveledgedHelperTools/com.wacom.TabletHelper

Users//Library/Preferences/com.wacom.ProfessionalTablet.plist

Users//Library/Preferences/com.wacom.wacomtablet.prefs

Users//Library/Preferences/com.wacom.wacomtouch.prefs

After this is complete then there should not be any leftover files of a previous Wacom driver file. A restart and a repair of your disk permissions would be important steps before installing a driver. Again, make sure that the tablet is plugged directly into the computer, not into a USB hub or keyboard/monitor.

You may use the next link to install the Wacom driver:

Steven

Customer Support Team

WACOM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm just following this thread, as I'm having exactly the same terrible problem! So irritating. I don't see where you put the correct link however, for downloading the Wacom driver. Can you please repost which is the correct link/version to install? I had just downloaded & installed the latest Wacom driver a couple of days ago, after updating my OS to Sierra. Please help me.... uuughhh. Thank you, Stephanie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no correct version for everyone. You will have to try it out. Older versions are available on the Wacom web site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Driver depends on which model  you have.

Drivers | Wacom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed the version as well and it worked!

I'm on

Driver 6.3.19-10

Intuos Pen and Tablet

macOS Sierra 10.12.5

Thanks a lot man! You saved me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay thank you-- this worked for me.

Driver 6.3.19-10

Intuos Pen and Tablet

macOS Sierra 10.12.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated my Wacom intuos pro to the current latest version (6.3.29-6) which solved it.

Strangely similar function in InDesign seemed (shift+opt) to work, but not Illustrator.

Thanks for the Wacom driver input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just bought a new Mac and downloaded the latest Creative Suite, ive been scratching my head as to why the keys no longer worked, i will remove my Wacom driver and try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BOOM, it worked, DRIVER 6.3.35.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to uninstall any driver. check this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHVTgbXd9s0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines