• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Draw shapes in Illustrator and animate in After effects

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm brand new to illustrator and i don't what I am doing. 

I want to draw shapes and then i want to use After Effects to animate those drawings.

My problem is that i'm spending what seems to me a massive amount of time drawing. I feel I'm missing something. What do you fellow illustrators think and advise?

Many thanks, fisee1

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what are you trying to draw?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fisee1,

"and i don't what I am doing."

To create viable artwork, let alone create it witout using much more time than needed, you will have to get to know what you are doing. It is fine to start with artwork you currently wish to create.

So you need to get a firm grip of at least the ways you need to know for what you try to accomplish. There is the documentation, and a wide range of (other) insrtructions offered, and you can get help here.

One advice is to show or describe some of the kind(s) of artwork you wish to create and preferably what you have created, however incomplete, directly in posts here, using the Insert Photos icon at the top of the Reply box, so helpers can see it right away, instead of having to download; the latter is needed if you attach the image(s), which is a waste of time for helpers, and many will simply not download unknown things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about the delay. I am hopeful that the issue was fixed. If not, please check out this video tutorial ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQgmXARn8aA&t=386s ) and let us know how it goes. 

Feel free to let us know if you still need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines