• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drawing in Illustrator with Huion Tablet

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased the Huion Giano WH1409 drawing tablet​, for use of drawing in Illustrator, mostly. The pressure sensitivity is pretty good (comparable to my 2016 Wacom Intuos Pro), but I'm running into an issue. In Illustrator, when creating a stroke using the brush tool, the line width will get larger, but cannot get smaller. So, for example, if I use pressure on the pen to go thin to heavy to thin to heavy, the stroke will only go thin to heavy, and not back to thin again. So, basically, it registers the pressure, but only in one direction.

I've downloaded the latest drivers for the tablet, and also uninstalled the previous Wacom drivers (It was suggested to me that maybe this could cause the problem), which seems to imply that this isn't a driver issue. When using the tablet in Photoshop, I have no problems, it's only when drawing in Illustrator using the brush tool.

Anyone have any ideas on what this could be? I suppose there is a possibility that the answer to my question is 'this tablet just isn't going to work with Illustrator', but with this tablet coming in at 30% of the cost of a new Intuos Pro, I really hope that's not the answer here.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install a Wacom driver additionally to try and cheat on Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, I was having this issue before (when I had both drivers for Wacom and Huion installed) and after (when I only had Huion driver installed). I actually went back and re-installed the Wacom driver on the off-chance that this would result in a different outcome, but it didn't. Still having the same issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try a different version of the Wacom driver or a driver for a different tablet.

But that's about it. It's just a hack that might or might not work.

Does this Huion have a Touch option? You could try and turn that off.

Does the stylus work in other applications?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, the pressure sensitivity works fine in Photoshop, this is only an Illustrator issue, which is why I thought there may be a fix to be had within Illustrator.

Doesn't have a touch option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did install wacom driver and yes it works in illustrator but it loses its pressure sensitivity. even in other painting apps like krita,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello did you have fix this problem ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

albin52  schrieb

Hello did you have fix this problem ?

Did you read the complete thread?

Did you already try and install a Wacom driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey,

I am using a different HUION Tablet, but I think I figured out how to fix it.

I had to use the Blob Brush (Shift + B) and go into Tool Options. Depending on what you want it to do, you click the drop-down box beside, say, the Size bar, and switch it to Pressure. It worked for me, it might work for you. However you set it in tool settings will be how it stays until you decide to change it.

I haven't played around with it much to see what else I could get to work, but the Blob Brush definitely works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines