• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drawing Logo For Laser Cutting. Lines Missing After Saving As DXF. Help!

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for some guidance on what I could potentially be doing wrong, for anybody famililar with laser cutting.

I have a logo that I need to cut on our laser. I used the pen tool to completely retrace the logo, but once I export the logo to a DXF and try to upload it to our laser, half of the lines/letters end up mising or not even recognizing. I have tried so many different things with no luck. It seems like each time I try it's completely different parts of it that are missing.

Is there anybody who can help me with what I might be doing wrong? I have attached a screenshot showing my outlines and an image of how it looks when I upload it to our Trumpf laser. For reference the letters are "SHADY" but I hid the full name for customer confidentiality.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Those are polylines. The DXF does it.

You could try what is mentioned here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/export-to-dxf-with-polylines/td-p/3715066?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a different file format available that the laser can import? EPS? SVG?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DXF and DWG. I have tried both and I get the same result.

Is there a way to smooth my pen lines? I noticed when I open the file in autocad, all of my nicely done lines show up as very pixilated jagged lines. I'm thinking that might be the cause of the issue. The laser could be seeing the same result, but everything looks just fine in Illustrator so I cant see where the disconnect is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are polylines. The DXF does it.

You could try what is mentioned here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/export-to-dxf-with-polylines/td-p/3715066?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, have you a solution? I have the same problem now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, have you a solution? I have the same problem now.

By @Dávid27616407tzqy

Please tell us the details. Since the solution in this thread doesn't help you, please create a new thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines