• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

drawing: my lines are connecting in ways im not drawing them

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I draw some lines. and then I draw some more. and then they combine into a new shaped object I do not want. 

I have tried using various other pens and pencils and curvy line tool and straight line tool and that sort of confuses the computer and lets me make what I want to make. But it looks like crap. I just want to make a coloring book page (my project). I have imported my photo from adobe capture and am tracing over the old drawing in ai. Am I just using the wrong tool?

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please show a screenshot sample.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That should not happen with the bezier pen tool, unless you have snap to pixel grid and are drawing a very small object

If you drew a rough triangle and it turns into a perfect triangle;, would say you are using shaper tool. 

If you draw with the pencil and your fidelity is set to smooth that is similar to what the shaper tool does.

Reset your prefs and use the pen tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Snap to grid is not on. 

Im preferring to use the pencil tool since it feels more like drawing... the pen tool will def rewire my brain. but it doesnt recreate the shape...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the images arent loading... lets try this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines