• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

drawing with line tool

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not used the updated Illustraror in sometime. I have used Illustrator since 1988 so I do / did know all the tools.

I'm having difficulty with drawing with the line tool and anchors -- not getting why I can't just click and draw like I used to.

Also, don't see how to do bezier curves. I am so frustrated learning the new Illustrator/s.

Hope this makes sense.

THANK YOU

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

For the line tool to continue to draw lines instead of moving the end point, turn off the Shape Widgets (Control Bar) or Hide the Bounding Box.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

I think you would agree, Ton, that the current way to turn off the Shape Widgets should be much more easier than it is at the moment.

Depending on which tool actually is active, one does not even see and cannot get access to the (non-descript) button in the Control palette to change its state. Very poor interface design, if you ask me.

I would put a (toggle) option into the View menu, for example, at least if I had the authority to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting started with illustrator 

https://helpx.adobe.com/support/illustrator.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

diahannh,

Are you (still) using Smart Guides?

Are you ClickDragging with the Pen Tool for smooth Anchor Points?

Much is still the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the line tool to continue to draw lines instead of moving the end point, turn off the Shape Widgets (Control Bar) or Hide the Bounding Box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you would agree, Ton, that the current way to turn off the Shape Widgets should be much more easier than it is at the moment.

Depending on which tool actually is active, one does not even see and cannot get access to the (non-descript) button in the Control palette to change its state. Very poor interface design, if you ask me.

I would put a (toggle) option into the View menu, for example, at least if I had the authority to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree, Kurt. I cannot find it in a menu. Had to enable Shapes from the Control panel menu to see the button. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The thing that (obviously) may be confusing is that this button is not persistently visible in the control bar. Its visibility is just depending on what tools you are actually using.

That is just not right.

I'm pretty sure that even very experienced users of Illustrator will stumble across it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines