• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drawing with Mac trackpad

Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently reinstalled Illustrator on my standard MacBook (not force touch) after only using Illustrator on a desktop for 6 months

Previously I had selected "Tap to click" in trackpad settings and enjoyed drawing with my finger with Illustrator without having to press the touchpad hard, whilst using the paintbrush tool.

However the drag and draw feature was not not working since reinstalling it on the MacBook again.

I have found my own solution:

In the MacBook accessibility setting I selected "Mouse and Trackpad- Trackpad Options - Enable Dragging" and now I can draw freehand again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This really helped :). For the new macOS 10.15 instead of finding it in Mouse and Trackpad it is now called Pointer Control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Thanks for this- so I changed my pointer settings to "enable dragging" BUT when I go to illustrator I don't see a change. Is there a shortcut to use to initiate the brush tool? Because I see no difference when trying to draw without pressing down on my trackpad. 
I kind of figured that I can just press a keyboard control to start brush stroke and end stroke so I may draw freely?

Help on this would be Great, Thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you have to enable drag lock. Then it should be easier to drag. If that doesn't work, try 3 finger drag. You'll have to use 3 fingers but it is free hand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines