Highlighted

Drop shadow on 3d layer text

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 

I am new to this forum and quite a beginner with Illustrator. I am trying to learn the techniques by following various YT videos. I stumbled upon a tutorial where I can not seem to get the same result. 

Problem: I should get a black drop shadow without the grey 'area'. Does someone know the cause of this and a solution? (See the file for my project)

Thank you very much in advance! Kind regards, Josh

PS: I tried to contact the Youtuber and looked on different fora to find an answer, without any results unfortunately.

Topics

Draw and design, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Drop shadow on 3d layer text

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 

I am new to this forum and quite a beginner with Illustrator. I am trying to learn the techniques by following various YT videos. I stumbled upon a tutorial where I can not seem to get the same result. 

Problem: I should get a black drop shadow without the grey 'area'. Does someone know the cause of this and a solution? (See the file for my project)

Thank you very much in advance! Kind regards, Josh

PS: I tried to contact the Youtuber and looked on different fora to find an answer, without any results unfortunately.

Topics

Draw and design, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you be more specific?

Where in the tutorial are you stuck?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carlos, 

Thanks for your quick reply!

I edited the link in my post to be more specific. It starts where my problem begins. I can not seem use a drop shadow without getting a grey background as shown in my attached file. 

Any ideas on this problem?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines