Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drop shadow on text "expanded" on copy and paste

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've noticed in the past 2 versions of illustrator, when I copy and paste text with drop shadow effects, the pasted version has its drop shadow automatically expanded and is a separate object from the text. This is frustrating as it renders the drop shadow non-editable since it's no longer an effect.

If I "copy" by using <option> key, the drop shadow remains an effect of the text. Objects with drop shadows are fine and do not exhibit this odd behaviour.

Is this a bug or it's a new setting I do not know of?

Regards

Dominic

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Hi,

Thanks for the help. As soon as I'd posted, I found a solution on the forum. 

It appears that I have Parallels Toolbox running with the Clipboard History turned on that was causing the issue. Once I'd diabled it, it's working as it should.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't replicate that issue.

You could try resetting preferences. In Illustrator Preferences > General, there's a button to do that.

If that doesn't work I'm suggest uninstall/reinstall using the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/elements-installation-error-CC-cleaner-tool.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have anything installed in your system that "enhances" the clipboard?

Do yoiu have an antivirus that checks the clipboard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the help. As soon as I'd posted, I found a solution on the forum. 

It appears that I have Parallels Toolbox running with the Clipboard History turned on that was causing the issue. Once I'd diabled it, it's working as it should.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank goodness for this thread. Our whole production team are using TeamViewer to access work from home. A lot of us were having trouble with effects being suddenly turned into bitmaps and weird stuff. By basically copying and pasting between illustrator documents. I mean that should work, innit?
Anyway, because of WFH we're often using a TeamViewer session in the background, whether using it or not, it has a setting in 'Actions', you'd never think it did anything, but it's on by default: Clipboard > Use Shared Clipboard.
It will mess up anything in your clipboard immediately, not loads, for most apps..but if you're using illustrator, things will paste weird, sudden embedded bitmaps everywhere... nightmare, anyway. Turn that off, or quit TeamViewer and everything works as normal...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

StructAural, you're an absolute lengend!
This saved my sanity when I found. I've been working with Teamviewer in tandem and as soon as I changed the clipboard in TV action it removed any pasting issues I was having in Illustrator. 
I can confirm that this is a genuine fix.
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue where my drop shadows are turining into bitmaps when I copy and paste.  As well as lines of text coverting from edigtable paragraphs tobroken up lines like you see when you try and edit a PDF, or embed a PDF. Anyway I am running TeamViewer and I can't find any Actions dialog, or Clipboard>Use shared clipboard. Can someone clarify where that is?  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The action menu item is usually at the top of your session window (the window with your remote desktop showing).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines