• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drop Shadow Removes Text Frame Fill

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When adding a fill to a text frame in Adobe Illustrator and subsequently adding a drop shadow, the fill color disappears. This has been consistently repeateble and was not true in older version of Illustrator.  Currently running Illustrator 24.1.3 on MacOS 10.15.5.

KernelPan1c_0-1591302505210.png

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Try to select the text frame border with the Direct Selection tool (A) and apply the dropshadow to the fill.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

I assume from your screenshot that you want the drop shadow applied to the type, not the frame. I was surprised to find that I could replicate the disappearance of the fill. This seems like a bit of a workaround, but does this sort of thing fulfill your needs?

Peter

tromboniator_0-1591311131501.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to select the text frame border with the Direct Selection tool (A) and apply the dropshadow to the fill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I assume from your screenshot that you want the drop shadow applied to the type, not the frame. I was surprised to find that I could replicate the disappearance of the fill. This seems like a bit of a workaround, but does this sort of thing fulfill your needs?

Peter

tromboniator_0-1591311131501.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines