Highlighted

Dropping quality when exporting

New Here ,
May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone please help me? I'm brand new to illustrator and I'm doing my first logo design, I've been a traditional artist for years and now I'm venturing to digital. Had no trouble designing my logo and it's all done, but I had some serious issues colour matching. The company has a royal blue colour they want to keep, but when I tried to eyedrop it, it totally changed the colour and made it so dull. I tried messing with color settings but not much helped.

I ended up getting the colour close but when I'd export to web, it started dropping the quality in bucket loads - to the fact it looked pixelated but on the file itself it was smooth as anything.

Whats the best colour settings and how do I stop it changing colours? And how do I stop it dropping quality so much when exporting for web? 

Topics

Draw and design, Import and export, Performance, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dropping quality when exporting

New Here ,
May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone please help me? I'm brand new to illustrator and I'm doing my first logo design, I've been a traditional artist for years and now I'm venturing to digital. Had no trouble designing my logo and it's all done, but I had some serious issues colour matching. The company has a royal blue colour they want to keep, but when I tried to eyedrop it, it totally changed the colour and made it so dull. I tried messing with color settings but not much helped.

I ended up getting the colour close but when I'd export to web, it started dropping the quality in bucket loads - to the fact it looked pixelated but on the file itself it was smooth as anything.

Whats the best colour settings and how do I stop it changing colours? And how do I stop it dropping quality so much when exporting for web? 

Topics

Draw and design, Import and export, Performance, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The color likely didn't match, because royal blue is difficult or even impossible toget in CMYK.

And when you export to raster file formats such as PNG or JPEG, you will get pixels and your artwork is no longer scalable.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines