Duplicate and move

Contributor ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am doing a tutorial and I need to duplicate and move an object across the page.  I thought the Control-D keyboard shortcut was supposed to do this but it is not working for me.  It only nudges it when I click on that command.  I have checked and my Object/Transform says Transform again.  I am using the latest version and Windows.  Can you help?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by tromboniator | Adobe Community Professional

To duplicate and move an object hold down the alt (opt) key and drag the object. To constrain its direction add the shift key. If you then press ctrl+D you will create another duplicate object which will be moved the same amount and in the same direction as the first move — that is Transform Again, which also works to repeat rotation, reflection, etc.

Peter

TOPICS
How to, Performance, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Duplicate and move

Contributor ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am doing a tutorial and I need to duplicate and move an object across the page.  I thought the Control-D keyboard shortcut was supposed to do this but it is not working for me.  It only nudges it when I click on that command.  I have checked and my Object/Transform says Transform again.  I am using the latest version and Windows.  Can you help?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by tromboniator | Adobe Community Professional

To duplicate and move an object hold down the alt (opt) key and drag the object. To constrain its direction add the shift key. If you then press ctrl+D you will create another duplicate object which will be moved the same amount and in the same direction as the first move — that is Transform Again, which also works to repeat rotation, reflection, etc.

Peter

TOPICS
How to, Performance, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2020 1
Contributor ,
Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it!  Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2020 0
Resources