Highlighted

DXF/DWG Plug-in Download

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently attempted to convert (export) a file to .dxf as I have 1000times, but the option was no longer in my drop down menu. Anywhere! I did some digging and saw to do a search under illustrator plug ins, specifically "illustrator formats".  It's not there! I did a search on my computer and it doesn't show up at all! I went to Adobe help and found the file for the updated plug in for dfx/dwg and it says to:

Installation instructions
  • Download the DFX/DWG plugin.

• For Windows, download DxfDwg.aip.
    • For Mac OS, download AiCS3dfx.dmg.
  • Quit Illustrator CS3 if it is running.
  • Mac Only: Mount AiCS3dxf.dmg to access the DxfDwg.aip file.
  • Navigate to the "Illustrator Formats" folder in the Illustrator CS3 installation folder.

• Default location for Windows: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CS3\Plug-ins\Illustrator Formats
    • Default location for Mac OS: /Applications/Adobe Illustrator CS3/Plug-ins/Illustrator Formats

Please be aware that the path names might be different on your machine if you have installed a non-English version of Illustrator CS3. In this case, please navigate to the appropriate corresponding folder.

• Remove the existing DxfDwg.aip file from this folder and move it to another folder outside of the Illustrator application directory. Renaming the file is not sufficient as Illustrator may attempt to load the file regardless of its filename/extension.
  • Copy the new DxfDwg.aip plug-in to the Illustrator Formats folder.
  • Start Illustrator CS3.

The only problem is, I can't find a file of the download anywhere. I feel like I'm missing something obvious, but there is no link to download!!!!? HEEEEELP!

Topics

Feature request, How to, Import and export, Third party plugins, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

DXF/DWG Plug-in Download

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently attempted to convert (export) a file to .dxf as I have 1000times, but the option was no longer in my drop down menu. Anywhere! I did some digging and saw to do a search under illustrator plug ins, specifically "illustrator formats".  It's not there! I did a search on my computer and it doesn't show up at all! I went to Adobe help and found the file for the updated plug in for dfx/dwg and it says to:

Installation instructions
  • Download the DFX/DWG plugin.

• For Windows, download DxfDwg.aip.
    • For Mac OS, download AiCS3dfx.dmg.
  • Quit Illustrator CS3 if it is running.
  • Mac Only: Mount AiCS3dxf.dmg to access the DxfDwg.aip file.
  • Navigate to the "Illustrator Formats" folder in the Illustrator CS3 installation folder.

• Default location for Windows: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CS3\Plug-ins\Illustrator Formats
    • Default location for Mac OS: /Applications/Adobe Illustrator CS3/Plug-ins/Illustrator Formats

Please be aware that the path names might be different on your machine if you have installed a non-English version of Illustrator CS3. In this case, please navigate to the appropriate corresponding folder.

• Remove the existing DxfDwg.aip file from this folder and move it to another folder outside of the Illustrator application directory. Renaming the file is not sufficient as Illustrator may attempt to load the file regardless of its filename/extension.
  • Copy the new DxfDwg.aip plug-in to the Illustrator Formats folder.
  • Start Illustrator CS3.

The only problem is, I can't find a file of the download anywhere. I feel like I'm missing something obvious, but there is no link to download!!!!? HEEEEELP!

Topics

Feature request, How to, Import and export, Third party plugins, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sean2020 LATEST
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into this same issue. Figured out that if you try to Save As the dropdown for DwG doesnt exist, however, if you go to File-Export it does. I am running v23.0.1

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines