Highlighted

DXF Import Misaligned

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to help one of my colleagues out with the below issue. 

My version of Illustrator CC 22.1 is actually importing these files perfectly, however hers is not. For some reason whenever she opens these files, the text in the DXF is mis-aligned. 

Note I also open these files on my iPhone using DWG FastView and they also always display perfectly, so it appears to me to be an issue unique to her Illustraor setup?

We've also tried other similar DXF files which display correctly in my Illustrator setup but not in hers. 

See attached:

1) Screenshot of how it is displayed perfectly in my version of Illustrator (white background)

2) Screenshot of how it is displayed when she opens it up in her version of Illustrator (grey background)

I tried to attach the DXF as well but the forum wouldn't allow me to do this. 

Any tips would be appreciated. 

TOPICS
Draw and design, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

DXF Import Misaligned

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to help one of my colleagues out with the below issue. 

My version of Illustrator CC 22.1 is actually importing these files perfectly, however hers is not. For some reason whenever she opens these files, the text in the DXF is mis-aligned. 

Note I also open these files on my iPhone using DWG FastView and they also always display perfectly, so it appears to me to be an issue unique to her Illustraor setup?

We've also tried other similar DXF files which display correctly in my Illustrator setup but not in hers. 

See attached:

1) Screenshot of how it is displayed perfectly in my version of Illustrator (white background)

2) Screenshot of how it is displayed when she opens it up in her version of Illustrator (grey background)

I tried to attach the DXF as well but the forum wouldn't allow me to do this. 

Any tips would be appreciated. 

TOPICS
Draw and design, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Illustrator is your colleague using?

You could share the .dxf file by using a file sharing provider (Google Drive etc.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 09, 2020 0
ajacks0n LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My colleague is using 24.2 with June 2020 updates. She had also tried 23 from early 2019 but gets the same results. 

See below link to the DXF in question via Google Drive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1u7X151-zWMMUU7_yUm-hK_sTPj_Lpgmf/view?usp=drivesdk

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 09, 2020 0