Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic/Repsonsive text in a shape?

Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

Is there any way of Illustrator making shapes expand or shrink when text is typed in the shape? I know XD can do this, just wondering if Illustrator can?

For example;

I have heading, "Hello to everyone!" text centered in a rectangle box with 10px padding on all sides. But I want to change it to "Hello!". But the rectangle box, horiztonal wise, still remains same width. I want it to shrink when I change the text, so the box keeps the 10px padding.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Yes, but as an appearance.

In the appearance panel, give your text a stroke. Select the stroke entry in the panel and go to the Fx menu at the bottom of the panel. Apply Convert to Shape > Rectangle and add your settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, but as an appearance.

In the appearance panel, give your text a stroke. Select the stroke entry in the panel and go to the Fx menu at the bottom of the panel. Apply Convert to Shape > Rectangle and add your settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines