Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Easy Variable Data

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

This might either be a very easy answer or a very complicated answer.

I have a design that needs to be modified for every customer as I go, so its not like I have a list that I can use a CSV file.

There are two rows, the top row has one word that is changeable, and the second row can have anywhere between 1 name and 12 names (3 names to a row) that are all seperated by a heart image and all equally spaced.

Previously in illustrator I would manually type the word put 5 spaces between each name and then manually move the hearts in between.

Is there a more automated way to do this that speeds up time?

Thanks so much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Illustrator are you using?

Can you share a sample file (.ai) including some instructions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!

I've attached a SVG example. I don't have an AI file yet since I am setting it up. I use illustrator 2019.

Right now all of the names are tryped in one single layer (typed and then 5 spaces between each name) but it can be done indvidually if there is some kind of popup asking what to put in or some other method of inputting it faster

Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines