• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit Data in Graph Tool After Creating Graph / Pie Chart

Explorer ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to generate a graph or pie chart, but I am unable to find a way to edit the info after creating it.

Imagine that I create a 40/60 pie chart, close the initial dialogue window, and then receive data indicating that the pie chart needs to be 30/70 or 20/20/60.

Is there a way to adjust an existing chart, or is my only option to delete the chart (and all formatting I may have added) and start over?

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

select the graph.

object > graph > data

the data window should reopen unless the graph is no longer a graph for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

select the graph.

object > graph > data

the data window should reopen unless the graph is no longer a graph for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One reason that a graph could no longer be a graph is if it has been ungrouped. It's usually not necessary to ungroup a graph because you can edit parts of the graph with the Direct Selection tool or with the Group Selection tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ungroup, that's it. i was thinking it'd be expand...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So... havenu't used graphs in Illustrator in ages.

I customize my toolbar to include the graph tool - it was hiding somewhere - but that's how it goes when there are so many tools.

But when I dupcliate an existing pie chart and change the data to crete a second chart, when I apply the updated data, it shoots part of the graph off to the right - destroying my graph.

Nice feature Adobe.

Shown in the attached - 77% pie created, copied to the right, data updated to 75% - when applied - it shoots part of the graph off to the right.

Again, nice feature Adobe.

Nice to see our subscription money is being put to such good use with active beta testing and you have us - the users - find the bugs and crap in your software.

I'm not being paid to fix you crap - you fix it. Immediately. I need this report done by noon tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please don't attachscreenshots. Embed them in your post.

unknow files.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines