• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing and updating a recent post

Engaged ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be edit and update a post after the fact. This disapeared with recents updates to the forum.

Am I missing something? If so let me know how to activate this. I hate seeing one of my posts with typos or inaccurate/unclear questions. Many forums have this feature, help.

Thank you in ad

[please refrain from PII and 3rd party URLs in this area - Moderator]
TOPICS
Bug , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,

I am afraid this general option was removed owing to misuse, less nice posters bypassing moderation by editing offending contents back in when removed.

So the only general way is to state the wish to have it edited and hope that a moderator sees it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank your for your reply Jacob. I would think that removing the person that abuses the forum would be a more appropriate response. The action taken punnishes the thousands of concientious users that feel accuracy is better than questions with typos.

I understand your reply but I do wish it could be revisited.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,

I have just brought this matter up, starting a thread in another forum, one about the forums.

Just a correction to my first answer: the recommended way is to write a new post and then report the original with a request to have it deleted. There is a Report button at the bottom of each post (I have never ventured to press it myself so I have no clue what awaits the brave(r)).

Edit: And I have edited this post twice, before this addition, and I rely heavily on my being able to edit, so I feel with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Jacob

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines