Highlighted

Elements dissapeared!

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I opened an illustrator file I have been working on and discovered most of the things I have worked on in the last session dissapeared. All of these items were on the same layer however, there are still a few things left on that layer ( the items remaining were the last one added funnily). Is there anything I can do to recover the file and what is the cause of this?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Elements dissapeared!

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I opened an illustrator file I have been working on and discovered most of the things I have worked on in the last session dissapeared. All of these items were on the same layer however, there are still a few things left on that layer ( the items remaining were the last one added funnily). Is there anything I can do to recover the file and what is the cause of this?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 24, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems the missing work isnt only from last session either. SOme elements were even from the session before.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do you save these files, locally, external HD, server, cloud folder?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, everything is saved locally

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2020 1
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also which file types do you save using which options?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ronpatanac_0-1592996056642.png

Everything is in ai file. Sorry Im not sure what options you need to know about!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2020 1
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can't find a backup:

Since you saved with PDF compatiblity, you can try and check out if the missing pieces are there when you open the file in Acrobat.

If they are, you can try and create a new file and place the corrupt one in it (Embedded, not Linked). Then you can copy over what you don't have in the corrupt file.

Additionally: I would copy everything from the corrupt file and place it in a newly created file. You never know what else went south.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2020 1
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have backups of these files?

Saving files locally in the Creative Cloud folder will create versions.

Saving files as Cloud documents in the latest Illustrator 24.2 version does that as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2020 1