• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ellipse tool missing from Toolbar in Illustrator

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why my elipse tool continues to disappear.  I had someone on this forum help me restore it yesterday and now its disabled again

{Renamed by MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Click the 3 dots at the bottom of the Tools panel.

From the menu that appears, choose Advanced. The Advanced toolbar contains ALL tools.

If the tool disappears, it may be that your workspace has changed.

You can save your custom workspace by showing and hiding the tools and panels that you want. Then choose New Workspace and give it a name. It will appear at the top of the workspace list. That way if anything disappears, you can simply choose your workspace from the list, or if necessary, you can R

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say 'disabled', do you mean you can see it but not use it?

What happens when you use the shortcut 'L'?

If you click on the three dots at the base of the toolbar palette, can you see the ellipse tool on the list, and if so, can you drag it to your active tools?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Luke,

Thanks for reaching out. As per your query, ellipse tool was there sometime back but got disappeared all of a sudden. That's definitely not usual. I would request if you can share a few more details like:

• OS and version of Illustrator
  • Click on three dots at the bottom of toolbar and check if you see ellipse tool in the list of All tools

• If yes, you can simply drag it from there.

Looking forward to your response!

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the 3 dots at the bottom of the Tools panel.

From the menu that appears, choose Advanced. The Advanced toolbar contains ALL tools.

If the tool disappears, it may be that your workspace has changed.

You can save your custom workspace by showing and hiding the tools and panels that you want. Then choose New Workspace and give it a name. It will appear at the top of the workspace list. That way if anything disappears, you can simply choose your workspace from the list, or if necessary, you can Reset your custom workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DOES NOT APPEAR on Advanced tool list nor on basic.  I've never created a workspace.  This is a fresh download. Does not appear in the listing or as disabled or inactive.  PITA. Have installed this software twice properly including uninstalls.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's really annoying with AI was set like that.  Very bad in unfriendly user interface with hide-n-seek.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found it.  Good or bad user interface design, you say it.  I left-click the rectangle then it shows the choice list for defferent sape!

Dat5C6E_0-1642436125285.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously, every update I need to spend time searching stuff. 
is this really an innovation that was needed to make? It only spilled my precious time. 
Can I please expect more consistance the next update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What changed for you? In which update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines